FattyBull is a global technology company pioneering the world of immersive reality that is always in the need of a great CG Generalist. I build end-to-end immersive experiences and develop technology that enables people to experience entertainment like never before. As an Unreal Engine Artist, I work across various markets while pushing the boundaries of design, technology, and service. My technology service is used by the world’s biggest entertainment brands to create mind-blowing immersive experiences for millions of guests.
FattyBull is a rapidly growing organization with ambitious plans for 2022 and beyond. I embrace the diversity of all kinds, do my best to do the right thing, and never stop at uncertainty. Everything we do is to connect people with experiences bigger than themselves. We have built a strong company culture based on mutual respect, accountability to each other, intense curiosity, and a bold shared vision. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it.
THE POSITION as a Lead 3D Artist
A Lead 3D Artist creates best-in-class 3D models (characters, environments, objects, and more), animations, and visual effects for our immersive experiences and interactive worlds that manifest on our advanced digital displays. This person will work with both classic media and real-time production software to conceive, design, prototype, and deliver ideas, assets, characters, and environments for cross-platform experiences that will define the future of live events. This is a full-time position.
As a Technical Artist, you help the team to create compelling CG assets, graphics, and animations using industry-standard software within an Unreal pipeline. Design and produce best-in-class characters, organic and hardscape assets, and bring them to life throughout the comprehensive production pipeline: LookDev, model, texture, light, animate, primitives, grading, post-process effects, and integration into physical environments.
You are familiar with the basic tasks of an XR Tech Artist. Contribute to the concept, design, and production planning for immersive games and experiences and create proofs-of-concept, demos, and other means of conveying concepts and design prior to launching into full production.
Help lead problem solving, troubleshooting, and the best path to success among a multidisciplinary team of creatives, designers, motion graphics artists, developers, and executive leadership.
Support game designers in creating meaningful responsive experiences for use in advanced, immersive applications
Quickly iterate and implement feedback from leadership and executive team
Collaborate closely with a cross-disciplinary team (Design, Motion, Product, and Engineering)
Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies
The ideal candidate is a highly creative individual who has rigorous attention to detail, and a unique skill set in art creation and CG production, with additional knowledge of the sports & eSports industry as well as immersive, location-based entertainment, and content production. We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the ability of conceptual design, creation, and successful delivery of compelling assets, worlds, and environments for use on multiple media platforms. Ultimately, FattyBull’s expertise and ingenuity in design is accompanied by strong process and scalable methodologies.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- Strong working knowledge of industry-standard software such as – 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, Maya, Blender, Adobe Creative Suite; Rendering software including Redshift, Octane, V-Ray; Houdini knowledge
- Virtual production experience
- Knowledge and strong experience in Unreal Engine 4 and knowledge of Unreal Engine 5; Memory management techniques for balancing visual quality with performance
- A strong portfolio of previous professional work and completed projects
- Proven experience creating compelling characters, environments, and/or worlds
- Experience in working with a cross-functional, distributed team from concept through completion
- Collaborative, mentor mentality to support and assist team members in troubleshooting, aesthetics, and creative strategies
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- 5-10+ years of relevant professional industry experience
- Unreal Blueprint Visual Scripting System experience
- Passion for gaming, video live-streaming, sports and eSports